\
română English | Inforom Cultural Fundation | site map
 

Hermann guild-master butcher

The first attestation of the butchers from Sibiu dates since 1370, when the butcheries from Piaţa Mică are mentioned in the registry book of the church, functioning in the present day House of Arts (Casa a artelor), that has preserved this shape since 1787. The room on the floor of the butchers’ cover market was used in 1765 as a hall for theatrical representations. In 1457, it was the role of the guild of the butchers to defend Cisnădie Gate, situated at the end of the present day N. Bălcescu Street, coming from Bulevard Hotel.

###