\
română English | Inforom Cultural Fundation | site map
 

Hermann student

The first mentioning of a school dates since 1380, education being under the patronage of the church throughout the middle ages. In 1692 the Jesuits set up a Catholic gymnasium, and the Protestant education system had an Evangelical gymnasium in the 18th century. Together with the latter, an Orthodox gymnasium was set up by the end of the 19th century, nowadays turned into the “Andrei Şaguna” Faculty of Orthodox Theology. The first lay school where teaching was performed in Romanian was set up in 1927, now the “Regina Maria” School for 1-8 forms.

###