\
română English | Inforom Cultural Fundation | site map
 

Hermann mayor

The first known mayor of Sibiu was Jacobus Hentmanisse (1366-1367). The headquarters of the Town Hall was in the building next to The Council Tower (Turnul Sfatului), being moved in 1470 in the buildings of today’s History Museum, which were donated by the councilman Thomas Gulden. In 1481 the mayor Thomas Altemberger completes the first pandects of the town, and in 1560 the first Town Rights Charter, Statuta Jurium Municipaliul Civitatis Cibinensis is written.

###