\
română English | Inforom Cultural Fundation | site map
 

Hermann banker

In 1547, the town Council bans the lending of money with a profitable purpose, this being the first documentary attestation of the existence of usury in Sibiu. The most important family of bankers of the 16th – 17th centuries from Sibiu was the Haller family, who owned the building from Piaţa Mare no. 10 ever since 1537. In 1716 the set up of the first bank is attested, and on 7 December 1763 the first credit fund in constructions is initiated by the Town Hall.

###